Leeds International Summer School (LISS) ━ University of Leeds
Experience the vibrant, student friendly city of Leeds and explore the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area. The summer school combines world-class tuition with academic field trips. Leeds International Summer School (LISS) also includes social activities and cultural excursions. LISS is for current students and recent graduates from other universities around the world.
|Programme Dates||Block 1 : 29 June – 13 July 2024 (2 weeks)
Block 2 : 14 – 27 July 2024 (2 weeks)
Block 1 & 2 : 29 June – 27 July 2024 (4 weeks)
|Application Deadline||Early Deadlines: 1 April 2024
Final application deadline: 1 May 2024
|Programme Fee||One Block : £2,065
Two Blocks : £3,725
*Submit your LISS application by 1 April 2024 to receive an early discount.
**Tuition, accommodation, breakfast and lunch (Monday to Friday), module field trips, weekend excursions, social activities, The Edge sports centre premium membership are included in the programme fee.
|Draft Schedule||To be confirmed|
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
If you have any questions or would like further information, feel free to join one of their upcoming online information sessions:
28 November 2023 4 pm (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 28 November on Microsoft Teams
30 November 2023 9 am (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 30 November on Microsoft Teams
9 January 2024 4 pm (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 9 January on Microsoft Teams
11 January 2024 9 am (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 11 January on Microsoft Teams
13 February 2024 4 pm (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 13 February on Microsoft Teams
15 February 2024 9 am (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 15 February on Microsoft Teams
12 March 2024 4 pm (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 12 March on Microsoft Teams
14 March 2024 9 am (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 14 March on Microsoft Teams
16 April 2024 4 pm (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 16 April on Microsoft Teams
18 April 2024 9 am (GMT)
- Link for event: Join the live event on 18 April on Microsoft Teams
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Submit your application to LISS.
- Fill in HKSYU online form to register for this summer programme before you apply the programme.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
Those receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).