Vancouver Summer Program ━ The University of British Columbia
A four-week experience for international undergraduate students at one of the world’s top universities. UBC VSP is as much about academics as it is about social and cultural experiences.
|Programme Dates||June session: 7 June – 7 July 2024 (4 weeks)
July session: 12 July – 12 August 2024 (4 weeks)
|Application Deadline||June session: 1 March 2024 (Tentative)
July session: 5 April 2024 (Tentative)
(includes application fee, tuition for your course package, accommodation, course materials, and medical insurance)
|Courses||For more details, please refer to their Course Packages.|
*Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fee, accommodation and other expenses.
Feel free to join one of the online information sessions:
- December 4, 2023, 7:00 am – 8:00 am PST [Sign Up]
- December 14, 2023, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm PST [Sign Up]
- January 11, 2024, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm PST [Sign Up]
- January 22, 2024, 7:00 am – 8:00 am PST [Sign Up]
- February 8, 2024, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm PST [Sign Up]
- February 20, 2024, 7:00 am – 8:00 am PST [Sign Up]
- March 7, 2024, 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm PST [Sign Up]
- March 18, 2024, 7:00 am – 8:00 am PST [Sign Up]
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and language requirements.
- Submit your application to Vancouver Summer Program (Application form will be provided later).
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Education Bureau’s Scholarship / Subsidy
|Reaching Out Award
Please contact the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) for more details.
Students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) of the Education Bureau. With the Canada as the destination and 31/32 days in duration, the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme on this summer school programme is HK$19,000. The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme. Please contact the International Unit to check your eligibility. Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received. If you are eligible for apply for SSE please submit your Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Subsidy Scheme for Exchange Activities, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).