2022 INHA Summer School ━ Inha University
Inha University has offered a summer school every year since 2004 to enhance its global education. This 3-week short-term, intensive programme mainly consists of classroom lectures, visits to corporate sites and field trips to cultural and historic places. Through the coursework, participants will have opportunities to understand the dynamic aspects of Korean society in the past, present and future. They will have many opportunities to meet and interact with Korean assistant students. They will be able to share their experiences and views with each other through presentations. At the end of the programme, they will receive academic credits and certificates of completion offered by Inha University, though the credits are not transferable.
|Required||Korean Culture Workshop|
|Electives Track A||Basic Korean/ Intermediate Korean/ Advanced Korean
Introduction to Korean Cinema
Business Communication in English
|Electives Track B||Korean Culture through Korean Dance
Introduction to K-Pop Drama & Its Multicultural Aspects
Learning Korean through K-Dramas
Introduction to Korean Business and Economy
Introduction to Korean Health and Wellness
These courses will cover theories at the introductory level, present diverse aspects in the chosen fields and include site visits to various off-campus places. The fields and scope of the courses will continue to expand reflecting the interest and needs of students and the global community.
1 -19 August 2022 (3 weeks)
US$1450 ≈ HK$11,400 (Partner University)
US$1400 ≈ HK$11,000 (Early bird Discount before 5 May 2022)
US$1350 ≈ HK$10,600 (Group application with more than 10 participants)
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fee, accommodation and other expenses.
Included in programme fee
Deadline for HKSYU students for group rate
30 April 2022
Normal deadline: 29 May 2022
Early bird & group discount deadline: 30 April 2022
Payment due date for early bird: 5 May 2022
Students currently enroll at HKSYU (Y4 students are also welcome)
Submission of Application
Step 1: Please submit your application directly to Inha University before 30 April 2022 <click here>
Step 2: Submit the MachForm to IU so that we can track who have applied <click here>
Step 3: International Unit will liaise with Inha University and inform the students if group discount can be offered
Step 4: Students to pay the fee to Inha University no later than 5 May 2022
- Those receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) of the Education Bureau. Going to Korea for exchange for three weeks can receive a maximum level of subsidy of HK$9,000. The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
- Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE once throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
- Information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange
- Application Form for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange
If you are interested to apply for the EDB subsidy, we encourage you to include the EDB subsidy application form when you submit your application online to the International Unit. You may also need to provide the necessary supporting documents.
Information for International Unit
|Coordinator’s Name||Pauline LAU|
|Address||RLB 501, Research Complex, 6 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill, North Point, Hong Kong|
Please contact the International Unit at 28048407 or through email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit us at RLB501 of the Research Complex.