Exchange Nomination Schedule 2023-24
15 April 2023
1 October 2023
15 May 2023
1 November 2023
1. Plan early and check HKSYU’s Factsheet
2. Browse available courses
a.The list of courses for exchange students will be reviewed before the start of a new academic semester.
3. Estimate the expenses
- International Unit will work with the Hall Management Unit of HKSYU to arrange on-campus accommodation for all exchange students. Please use our virtual tour to visit our residence hall.
- If you do NOT need accommodation on campus, please let us know as early as possible.
1. Check HKSYU website for schedule and registration details
2. Hong Kong Shue Yan University has two semesters (updated: 2022/23 AY):
1 September 2022 – 10 December 2022
Examination for Sem I :
12 December 2022 – 23 December 2022
9 January 2023 – 29 April 2023
Examination for Sem II:
2 May 2023 – 12 May 2023
*The first week of the semester is the add/drop period. It is important for the students to arrive HKSYU before the add/drop period.
● Submit applications before the deadline of the home institution
Remark : To play safe, the staff-in-charge may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Nominated students
a. Nominated students to submit online application to HKSYU
b. Nominated students to submit visa application materials to HKSYU
➤ Provide a soft copy of the completed application form [ID 995A] and all the required supporting documents for International Unit of HKSYU to check 〈Sample〉
Documents that you will need to provide for your visa application
Completed Application form [ID 995A]
Proof of the student’s financial support (e.g. bank statements, savings account passbooks, tax receipts, salary slips, etc.)
Original copy of Declaration by Financial Sponsor (if applicable)
(➤Make sure you fill in the name of the financial sponsor according to his/her name on the passport.)
Passport data page of the Financial Sponsor
Photocopy of the student’s valid travel document (e.g. passport data page)
Original copy of academic transcript issued by the home university
Two recent passport photo sized photos
➤After the soft copy is checked by International Unit, please courier the original copy to HKSYU
RLB 501, International Unit
Hong Kong Shue Yan University
10 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill
North Point, Hong Kong
➤ International Unit will prepare a letter of acceptance and ID 995B, and will submit the entire application materials to the Hong Kong Immigration Department
➤ Upon receipt of all the required documents, the Hong Kong Immigration Department will normally take 6 weeks to process an application.
c. When the visa is approved, students can pay and get the e-Visa.
- Offer letters will be issued by HKSYU to successful students.
- Accept the offer via email
1. Prepare for departure
- Collect your e-Visa
- Get medical and travel insurance coverage
- Make flight and quarantine hotel arrangements
- Receive pre-departure information from HKSYU
- Enroll with HKSYU
1. Receive transcript from HKSYU through your home institution
2. Send feedback to HKSYU
3. Share your experience