Summer School Programs ━ McGill University (School of Continuing Studies)
Looking for an academic challenge while living overseas? Expand your knowledge base with short programs that immerse you in a stimulating learning environment while offering a rich social and cultural experience.
The 2023 Summer Session will provide students from around the world with practical short programs on topics such as Business Analytics, Big Data, Communications, Machine Learning, and more. Each short program comprises two non-credit courses and totals 60 contact hours. Students obtain a Record of Study and an Attestation of Completion from the McGill School of Continuing Studies upon completion of their short program.
|17 July – 11 August 2023 (4 weeks)
|5 June 2023
|CA$2,995 ≈ HK$17,100
|List of courses
|Approximately CA$900 per month ≈ HK$5,100
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Email the International Unit (email@example.com) about your intention to apply for this programme (Note: registration is open only through institutional partnerships).
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Brochure on Summer Short Programs
- Reaching Out Award:
- Please contact OSA for more details.
- Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy:
- Students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) of the Education Bureau. With the Canada as the destination and 25 days in duration, the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme on this summer school programme is HK$15,000. The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme. Please contact the International Unit to check your eligibility.
- Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
- If you are eligible to apply for SSE, please submit your Application Form.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).