Leeds International Summer School (LISS) ━ University of Leeds
Experience the vibrant, student friendly city of Leeds and explore the rich history, culture and natural beauty of the area. The summer school combines world-class tuition with academic field trips. Leeds International Summer School (LISS) also includes social activities and cultural excursions. LISS is for current students and recent graduates from other universities around the world.
The on-site two-week summer school is one of the shortlisted summer programmes eligible for HKSYU’s credit-bearing Summer Abroad Scheme (GEC206).
|Programme Dates||Block 1 : 1 – 15 July 2023 (2 weeks)
Block 2 : 16 – 29 July 2023 (2 weeks)
Block 1 & 2 : 1 – 29 July 2023 (4 weeks)
|Application Deadline||1 May 2023|
|Programme Fee||One Block : £1,975 ≈ HK$19,000
Two Blocks : £3,550 ≈ HK$33,000
|Draft Schedule||Find more about the weekly schedules|
|Accommodation||Included in the programme fee|
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Submit your application to LISS.
- Fill in HKSYU online form to register for this summer programme before you apply the programme.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
Those receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).
Comments are closed