PKU Summer School International ━ Peking University
Summer study at Peking University will provide you with an exciting and enriching experience. The Peking University Summer School International (PKUSSI) began in 2009. Through a decade of endeavors, it aims to provide aspiring students with the world’s perspectives of China and China’s perspectives of the world. Academic courses with PKU credits are offered for undergraduates, graduates, and working professionals. A variety of course credits, subjects, and durations are available for you to choose from. Field trips as well as extracurricular and social events are arranged for you to get more deeply immersed in the local culture and campus life.
The on-site two-week summer school is one of the shortlisted summer programmes eligible for HKSYU’s credit-bearing Summer Abroad Scheme (GEC206).
|Programme Dates||Session A : 3 – 14 July 2023 (2 weeks)
Session B : 17 – 28 July 2023 (2 weeks)
Session A & B : 3 – 28 July 2023 (4 weeks)
|Application Deadline||31 May 2023|
|Programme Fee||Application fee: RMB 400
On-site Courses Only/ On-site Courses + Online Courses:
* Early Bird refers to applicants who apply and complete the online payment for tuition before April 15, 2023
|Accommodation||RMB 120-160 per night|
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language
- Submit your application to Peking University.
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and securing a proper visa (if applicable).
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
|Means-tested Subsidy for Local Students
Students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will be eligible for assistance under the Means-tested SSEBR twice throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
|Non-means-tested Subsidy for Local & Non-local Students
All full-time and local or non-local undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Non-means-tested MES. With the Mainland China as the destination and 12 / 26 days in duration, the maximum level of subsidies for the Subsidy Scheme on this summer school programme are HK$1,950 (12 days) / HK$2,700 (26 days).
However, each student will only be eligible to receive subsidy for the Non-means-tested SSEBR once throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (email@example.com) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).