RUC International Summer School ━ Renmin University of China
RUC International Summer School is a chance for you to broaden your views and touch the future while enjoying excellent education and superb service at Renmin University of China (RUC). You can choose from over 80 courses and participate in “Culture Immersion Activities” such as tours of the Palace Museum, the Summer Palace, the Great Wall, and Taichi and Chinese Calligraphy classes.
The on-site summer school is one of the shortlisted summer programmes eligible for HKSYU’s credit-bearing Summer Abroad Scheme (GEC206).
|Programme Dates||3 – 21 July 2023 (19 days)|
|Application Deadline||7 April – 20 May 2023|
|Programme Fee||Registration fee: RMB 800
The tuition differs depending on when you submit your application to RUC International Summer School online. It’s RMB 11,000 in April and RMB 12,000 in May. The tuition covers two courses and one more course needs an additional RMB 2,000.
|Courses||Over 80 courses are available|
|Accommodation||RMB 50-120 per night|
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language.
- Submit your application to Renmin University of China.
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and securing a proper visa (if applicable).
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
|Means-tested Subsidy for Local Students
Students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will be eligible for assistance under the Means-tested SSEBR twice throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
|Non-means-tested Subsidy for Local & Non-local Students
All full-time and local or non-local undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Non-means-tested MES. With Mainland China as the destination and 19 days in duration, the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme on this summer school programme is HK$2,700 (19 days).
However, each student will only be eligible to receive subsidy for the Non-means-tested SSEBR once throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (email@example.com) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).