Soongsil International Summer School ━ Soongsil University
Soongsil University is a private, Christian university located in the middle of Seoul, Korea. Since its establishment in1897, Soongsil has played a leading role in Korean education. It would be a perfect place for you to spend your summer and go around city.
The on-site three-week summer school is one of the shortlisted summer programmes eligible for HKSYU’s credit-bearing Summer Abroad Scheme (GEC206).
|Programme Dates||Session I : 3 – 28 July 2023 (4 weeks)
Session II : 4 – 24 August 2023 (3 weeks)
|Application Deadline||Session I : 20 May 2023
Session II : 15 June 2023
|Programme Fee||Session I :
Application fee : KRW100,000 ≈ HK$600
Tuition fee : KRW1,900,000 ≈ HK$11,500
Session II :
Application fee : KRW100,000 ≈ HK$500
Tuition fee : KRW1,600,000 ≈ HK$9,500
*Please check with Soongsil University (email@example.com) for scholarship possibilities.
|Accommodation||KRW450,000 – KRW550,000 ≈ HK$2,700 – HK$3,300|
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Submit your application to Soongsil University.
- Fill in HKSYU online form to register for this summer programme at least two weeks before the official application deadline of the programme indicated above.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
Those receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will be eligible for assistance under the Means-tested SSEBR twice throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
All full-time and local undergraduate students are eligible to apply for the Non-means-tested SSEBR. With Korea as the destination and 3／4 weeks in duration, the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme on this summer school programme is HK$2,700
However, each student will only be eligible to receive once throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Home University Information – for Soongsil University Application Form
|Name of Institution||Hong Kong Shue Yan University|
|Country||Hong Kong SAR, China|
|Name of Home University Coordinator||Ms. Pauline LAU|
|Title of Home University Coordinator||Head, International Unit|
|Postal Address||RLB 501, Research Complex, Hong Kong Shue Yan University, 6 Wai Tsui Crescent, Braemar Hill, North Point, Hong Kong|
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).