The Essex Summer School (ESS) ━ University of Essex
The Essex Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis provides world-leading social science methods training to postgraduate research students by offering instruction from an internationally renowned faculty drawn from the world’s top research institutions. It seeks to foster the postgraduate students’ academic research and careers, both through training and by offering unique networking experiences. In doing so, it contributes to the entirety of the international social science community.
|Programme Dates||Pre-sessional: 3-7 July 2023
Session one: 9-21 July 2023
Session two: 23 July to 4 August 2023
Session three: 6-18 August 2023
|Application Deadline||Pre-sessional and Session one: 16 June 2023
Session two: 7 July 2023
Session three: 21 July 2023
|Programme Fee||£1,100 for one 35hr course. Visit here for more details|
|Accommodation||£34 person, per night|
Submission of Application
- Read through the course description of the course(s) you have in mind to ensure you fulfill the requirements.
- Submit your application to Esses Summer School in Social Science Data Analysis.
- Fill in HKSYU online form to inform the International Unit about your application.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organizer before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
Those full-time undergraduate students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (email@example.com) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).