UCL Summer School 2023 ━ London’s Global University
UCL Summer School Every year, UCL welcomes students from universities around the world to study for 3 or 6 weeks in July and August. Apply now for the 2023 UCL Summer School with a wide range of undergraduate credit-bearing modules on offer from many of their renowned academic departments, you can choose the subject best suited to your academic or personal interests. Modules are taught on the Bloomsbury campus, and many make use of London as a learning environment with excursions and fields trips in and around the city. UCL offers accommodation in the heart of London and the Summer School also offers a programme of social and cultural events to help you make the most of your time in the capital. UCL is consistently ranked among the world’s top universities (ranked #8 in the world overall, QS 2022) and the UCL Summer School offers students a unique opportunity to experience life as a UCL student. 98% of students in 2019 said they would recommend our programme to a friend.
The on-site three-week summer school is one of the shortlisted summer programmes eligible for HKSYU’s credit-bearing Summer Abroad Scheme (GEC206).
|Programme Dates||26 June – 14 July 2023 (3 Weeks)
17 July – 4 Aug 2023 (3 Weeks)
|Programme Fee||One session: £2,350 ≈ HK$22,600
Two sessions: £4,200 ≈ HK$41,000
Application Fee: £60 ≈ HK$600 (Free to apply before 1 March 2023)
|Accommodation||£58 – £67 per night ≈ HK$557 – HK$640 per night|
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Submit your application to UCL Summer School.
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
Those receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).