Warwick Summer School ━ University of Warwick
The University of Warwick Summer School (WSS) has been running since 2014. Their three-week Summer School provides a unique combination of learning and debating with renowned academics and high-profile guest speakers, living alongside your peers on our beautiful Warwick campus and enjoying a fun and engaging social and cultural programme in the heart of England.
The on-site three-week summer school is one of the shortlisted summer programmes eligible for HKSYU’s credit-bearing Summer Abroad Scheme (GEC206).
|Programme Dates||16 July – 5 August 2023 (3 weeks)|
|Application Deadline||First-come-first-served basis|
|Programme Fee||£2,150 ≈ HK$21,000
*We can request a group discount of about 20% off in tuition fee if there are more than 10 HKSYU students enrolled in this summer school.
|Accommodation||Room Only : £640 – £900 ≈ HK$6,200 – HK$8,700
Half Board : £1440 – £1700 ≈ HK$14,000 – HK$17,000
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Submit your application to the University of Warwick Summer School.
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy
Those receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for
The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme.
Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
|* Students can apply for the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy via our online Application Form.
* For more information about the Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange, please visit our website.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (email@example.com) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).