Univie: summer school International and European Studies ━ University of Vienna
Located in the picturesque village of Strobl, one of Austria’s most attractive summer vacation areas, the programme provides a multidimensional survey of the present development of Europe and the European Union (EU). Participants will study both the decision making processes within the EU institutions as well as various aspects of European political culture. The program aims at contributing to an increased understanding of the EU and its possible future shape.
|Programme Dates||15 July – 12 August 2023 (4 weeks)|
|Application Deadline||30 April 2023|
|Programme Fee||Summer school fees : € 2,250 ≈ HK$19,000
Austrian students’ union fee : € 21.20 ≈ HK$200
|Accommodation||Single room : € 1,890.70 ≈ HK$16,000
Double room : € 1,565.90 ≈ HK$13,000
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Submit your application to the organiser.
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
- Reaching Out Award:
- Please contact OSA for more details
- Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy:
- Students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) of the Education Bureau. With the Austria as the destination and 28 days in duration, the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme on this summer school programme is HK$14,000. The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme. Please contact the International Unit to check your eligibility.
- Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
- If you are eligible to apply for SSE, please submit your Application Form.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).
Comments are closed