Vancouver Summer Program ━ The University of British Columbia
A four-week experience for international undergraduate students at one of the world’s top universities. UBC VSP is as much about academics as it is about social and cultural experiences. This summer nurture your academic pursuits, build friendships, and expand your perspective of the world around you.
|Programme Dates||June session : 2 June – 2 July 2023 (4 weeks)
July session : 14 July – 14 August 2023 (4 weeks)
|Application Deadline||June session : 18 February 2023
July session : 1 April 2023
|Programme Fee||CA$5,625 ≈ HK$32,300|
|Accommodation||Included in the fee|
* The currencies have all been converted to HK dollars for your reference. Please refer to the website of the organiser for the actual programme fees, accommodation and other expenses.
Submission of Application
- Check and ensure that you fulfil the admission and English language requirements.
- Submit your application to UBC VSP.
- Fill in the online form of the International Unit so that we can keep track who have applied.
- The International Unit will assist you to prepare the official academic transcript, and brief you on issues related to summer programmes, but you are responsible for submitting your application to the programme organiser before the deadline, paying for the programme fee, arranging accommodation, purchasing air tickets and insurance, securing a proper visa (if applicable), etc.
- Reaching Out Award:
- Please contact OSA for more details
- Education Bureau’s Scheme for Subsidy:
- Students receiving means-tested student financial assistance from the Student Finance Office (SFO) or whose families are receiving the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) are eligible to apply for the Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) of the Education Bureau. With the Canada as the destination and 30 days in duration, the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme on this summer school programme is HK$19,000. The amount for an eligible student is calculated by the approved level of student finance (in terms of percentage of full grant) to the maximum level of subsidy for the Subsidy Scheme. Please contact the International Unit to check your eligibility.
- Each student will only be eligible for assistance under the SSE ONCE throughout their study in programme(s) at the same level of study in Hong Kong, irrespective of the amount of subsidy received.
- If you are eligible to apply for SSE, please submit your Application Form.
Please contact the International Unit by phone (2804-8407), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (RLB501 of Research Complex).